Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MegaCon 2013

Megacon 2013 title

Sorry I haven't been around lately.  I've had a major case of the blahs, family has been in town, I've been staying up way to late for my early work schedule and working on other projects.  Mainly I was trying to finish up a costume I've been working on since February for my husband.  At first it was going to be for our annual Valentine' s Day trip to Medieval Times until we decided to go to MegaCon instead.  So then I figured I could finish it up for the Con but no bueno. I messed up and I have to pull some stitches out before I can finish up.  Bummer, I ran out of time.

megablog2013

Thankfully I had made some costumes for Halloween 2011 that never got worn because we had no where to wear them.  No Halloween parties for us that year!  So we went to the Con as Nyan Cat and Tac Nayn this past Saturday.  If you don't remember who Nyan Cat is, here is a refresher:


Tac Nayn is the opposite of Nyan Cat and his body is a waffle.  They make a cute couples costume.  I was afraid no one would remember who Nyan Cat was and some of the attendees didn't but a lot did.  I was also afraid everyone would think my costume was lame but quite a few people asked to take my picture.  Yay!

megablog2013 1

This was my first time attending a Con and I was very nervous.  My husband and roommate went all 3 days.  Thank goodness I opted for just Saturday.  It was all very overwhelming, loud and crowded!  My hubby did make my day by finding blogger Jen Yates from Epbot/Cakewrecks in her Lady Vadore costume.  This is my second time getting to meet her!  Last Thanksgiving time I attended a book signing for her book Wreck the Halls: CakeWrecks Gets Festive. Her costume is very detailed and very awesome.

Here are some of my favorite costumes from Saturday:

megablog2013 4

This my roommate posing with a pretty epic costume.  I can't even imagine how much work went into this thing. Apparently this guy is dressed as a Warhammer 40k Space Marine...whatever that is...

megablog2013 2

The little girl in the carriage is all tuckered out.  I got this picture on my way back to our car to get our lunch cooler and to get away from the crowd.  This group was on their way out too.  Wonder if they had to park out in the boondocks too.  That was a trek and a half let me tell ya!

megablog 2013 5

This is my husbands favorite. She is dressed as Kitiara from the Dragonlance book series. He showed me the cover of the book when we got home and it was dead on. Beautiful costume!

megablog 2013 3

Kiki's Delivery Service is one of my favorite Myazaki movies.  This couple is too cute.  Can you spot the kitty Gigi?

I enjoyed my 1st Con and plan on going again next year.  I'm already thinking about costumes and plan on getting started on that as soon as possible.  I'm a procrastinator though so maybe not so soon=/


No comments:

Post a Comment