Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Strawberry Chocolate Cake Pop Hearts

Heart Cake Pops

Valentine's Day is coming up.  It used to be a day I really really hated.  I remember being in High School and getting jealous of all the girls and boys who would get roses from their secret admirers and boy/girlfriends.  The Student Council (or something) would sell them and usually do a love compatibility thingy. I always bought mine just see who it would pair me up with.  It was amusing because I'm pretty sure a lot of the people taking the quiz would lie thus making your matches questionable. 

Heart Cake Pops

I saw a facebook post, either from Duncan Hines or CandyQuick, stating that Frosting Creations flavor mixes could be used in chocolate melts without seizing up the product.  Intrigued I immediately rushed to the store to pick up a couple flavors to test out in some Wilton candy melts.

Heart Cake Pops

I made some heart shaped chocolate cake balls to coat in my flavored chocolate.  They were a pain in the butt.  For some reason they just didn't want to stay on their sticks (because I stuck them too far in).  Then after I got them coated and place in the holder, every single one toppled over.  Hooray for chipped candy coating.

Heart Cake Pops

On a positive note:  The candy melts didn't seize up and the coating tasted just like a strawberry candy.  I can't wait to try out other flavors in my candy melts to use in my cake pop makery.  What other cake and frosting creation flavors should I use?  Chocolate covered strawberry was a no brainier so maybe some thing a bit less traditional next time.

Heart Cake Pops

Oh yeah...now that I'm married, I love Valentine's Day.  Last year we went to Medieval Times and he bought me clearanced candy from Target the day after.   He spoils me rotten (and not just on Valentine's Day!) which is 10xs better than a stupid fake fabric rose.  Not that love should be about material things anyways but who doesn't like to be spoiled?

Also, I should let my husband start editing these posts.  The original title: Starwberry Cape Pops.  * le sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment