Thursday, January 3, 2013

Liebster Blog Award


 Dietetic Sinners has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Katie from 

Thanks Katie for the nomination!

According to Katie:

The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers, most of whom have less than 200 followers (or have been blogging for less than 6 months). It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.

The Rules:

1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!

So here are 11 random things about me:

1. I always say I'm from the midwest but have been all over due to my Dad being in the Airforce.  I've lived in Germany, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois, & Florida.
2. I am completely deaf in my left ear. *very annoying*
3. I paint and sew in my free time.
4. My favorite season is fall.


5. My husband lived a few blocks from me but we didn't meet until we both joined an online dating site!
6. I work at a courthouse as a domestic violence advocate.



7. I collect purple rabbits.  And snails.  I love snails!
8. My favorite color is purple but I love to decorate with oranges and browns too (fall colors!).
9. I love going to office supply stores.  I can spend a good hour or so just looking at all the pens and organizers or smelling new crayons and #2 pencils.
10. I'm an avid fantasy book reader.  My favorite authors: Mercedes Lackey and Anne McCaffery.

Source: amazon.com via Heather on Pinterest


And here are the questions my nominator asked me to answer: 

1. When and why did you start blogging?

I started blogging in college when Myspace was all the rage.  I was bored and needed something to do besides eat.  My blog back then was supposed to document my life and weight loss journey.  I seem to have gotten lost somewhere, lol!

2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

At one point I wanted to be a doctor.  A pediatrician specifically.  Then I got really interested in archeology and wanted to be an Egyptologist. Instead I went to college and enrolled in criminal justice classes.  I planned on joining the FBI but I forgot I was deaf in one ear.  Poo!

3. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween!  The one time of the year that it's completely acceptable to wear a costume and pretend to be someone else (outside of ComicCon etc).  Also, candy.  Lots and lots of candy.

4. Do you work outside of the home or are you a stay at home mom?

I work outside of the home.  I don't take care of any one but my hubby and he works too!   When we have children he plans on being the house husband.

5. If you could meet a famous person, alive or dead, who would it be?

Ree Drummond.  She's my favorite bloggess.  I love reading her blog and watching her show on Food Network.


6.  How old were you when you went on your first date?

16?  Can't really remember.  It might have been more like 17 or 18.  I was a senior in High School and his name was Andy.  He was older than me and didn't go to high school anymore.

7. What is your favorite book?

Arrows of the Queen (Trilogy) by Mercedes Lackey.  I just relate to the main character too much!  My husband reminds me of her eventual love too.  He is not only fetching but he 'fetches' too.  *evil laughter*

Source: amazon.com via Heather on Pinterest

8. What is your favorite song and why?

The Dream Within by Lara Fabian from the Final Fantasy Spirits Within Soundtrack.  Because it gives me goosebumps.  Every. Time. I. Hear. It.



9. Do you have a blogging schedule or do you blog when you feel like it?

I blog on Tuesdays and Thursdays with an occasional random post thrown in for good measure.

10. Are you a city girl or a country girl?

Um, in between?  I don't like being all crowded into a subdivision or an apartment with no way to plant anything but I certainly couldn't live in the deep country in the middle of nothing!

11. What do you love most about your family?

That they make me laugh and they are wonderful=)  

11 questions for the nominees to answer please:

  1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
  2. What is the best thing you have ever eaten?
  3. What was your favorite subject in school?
  4. Where did your blog name come from?
  5. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
  6. Do you squeeze the toothpaste tube or roll it?
  7. What animal are you most like?  why?
  8. On a scale of one to ten, how well do you sing?
  9. Have you ever met someone famous?  If so who was it?
  10. What's your favorite ice cream brand and flavor?
  11. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
And here are the 11 blogs that I nominate:

Unintended Housewife

Scissors and Spoons

A Finn in the Kitchen

Hello, Whimsy

Treats & Trinkets

Darkroom and Dearly

Food Thoughts of a Chef Wannabe

The Oatmeal Artist

Rainbows & Honeysuckle

Happy Pretty Blog

Little foal.


Note to nominees: Please leave me a comment with your Liebster post, so I can check it out! Also, please leave a link back to this post on your blog please.


5 comments:

  1. HI Heather! Thanks for the nomination! Here is my post! http://happyprettyblog.com/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me, Heather! Here is my post: http://little-foal.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my post: http://treatstrinkets.blogspot.com/2013/02/valentines-day-menu-ideas-and-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete