Monday, December 10, 2012

Jamprint Cookies {12 Days of Christmas Treats}

Christmas Treats Title

Today's sweet treat are Jam filled Thumbprint cookies.  My great grandma always seemed to have these in her cookie jar (along with those really hard iced oatmeal cookies!) so they remind me of her a little bit.

JamPrints (8)

Of all the cookies I have made this holiday season these ones disappeared the fastest!  I managed to get a few in my greedy little mouth before they went missing and I have to say that they taste nothing like the little cookies my grandmother bought.  They're better!  I think it's all the butter.  Butter makes everything better.

JamPrints (14)

I also created some wall art.  If your like me around this time of year you probably have some favorite holiday shows and movies on your must watch list.  It used to be that all you had to do was turn on the local channels and get to watch Charlie Brown and Rudolph.  Now they always seem to be on cable only (if your lucky).  I don't have cable=(

buddyquote

So this year I missed out on torturing my husband by watching Elf multiple times.  He hates Will Farrell (because he's weird like that).  That's okay, I still get my Elf in by answering my phone with, "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?".   So much fun!

CharlieBrown

I actually caught the Charlie Brown Christmas special on good ole antenna TV.  I was overcome with glee.  

Grinch Quote

I have yet to see the Grinch this season.  Not the animated version or the live action one with Jim Carey.  I like both but the animated one is my favorite.  I love the song about the Grinch.  My husband actually likes that one too and will sing me the song when I request it.  He claims to be unable to sing but he sure sounds fine to me=)

So whats your favorite Christmas movie?

JamPrints (10)

Jamprint Cookies
adapted from Simply Recipes

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt 
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
1 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
3/4 cup of your favorite seedless jam 
1 egg white beaten with 2 tsps water

Directions

In large bowl of electric mixer beat together butter, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in yolks, 1 at a time, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Beat in flour gradually, beating dough until just combined well.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Form level teaspoons of dough into balls.  Dip ball in egg white mixture, then into pecans, if using. Arrange dough balls about 1 inch apart on baking sheets. With your thumb make an indentation in center of each ball of dough and fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam. Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until edges are pale golden, about 12 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets 2 minutes and transfer to racks to cool completely.





No comments:

Post a Comment