Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pin All the Things 8/19/12 {Projects}

I took a break from blogging this week to catch up with some old friends who were in town and to finish up some projects.  The beginning of the week was filled with cake poppery.  I had a co-worker order 3! dozen of them for her grandson's 1st birthday party.  I'll be sharing those latter on next month.  I'm pretty behind in posting even though I haven't been that busy cooking or baking.  My other project I'm almost done with is a baby quilt for my new niece Reilly Sue.  She was born August 1st and I can't wait to meet her when I go up to see family next month.

Now that my current sewing project is winding down I've been on the look out for some more.  I do have a painting to finish but I'll need some more paint before completing that project.  I also have a massive scrapbook I've been dying to complete involving my wedding pictures.  Alas, I keep breaking the hole punches.  Peter says I have too many hobbies.  I think he may be right but don't tell him I said so.

Here are some nifty sewing projects I have a hankering to try my hand at:




I actually already attempted to make this out some pieces I had to cut off some high water pants. My pants look much better as capris and I was left with some pretty fabric. Unfortunately the stupid thing won't stay on my arm. I also failed to read the directions all the way through so that may be why it doesn't quit work out.



I'm a bout due for a new purse but I really hate trying to find one with enough pockets to suit my needs (and junk). I can never find anything in my bottomless pit of a purse. This project solves that problem nicely and is made out of a placemat.



I'm hoping that by having one of these in my husband's car he will actually want to dispose of garbage rather than just throw it onto the floor or backseat. I hope.



I really love my new dishes but they get really hot in the microwave. It always seems that the outside of your bowl is volcano hot but the soup is still lukewarm. Annoying!



I need some of these for work. I carry around little packs of tissues but they always fall out of their plastic wrappers. Kind of embarrassing offering a client a tissue that looks like it was wadded up in my pocket.

I have a stash of fabric just waiting for me to get busy and sew. I hope I can share some of completed projects with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment