Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pin All the Things!


This week has been so busy!  I did a lot of cooking and photos for upcoming blog posts and cooked an awesomely huge St. Patrick's Day dinner.  You would have thought it was a major holiday or something!  I made corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots, biscuits and rice crispie treats for dessert.  It took 4 hours to make all that food and maybe 20minutes to devour it.  Amazing.

I also started (and completed!) a couple of projects I pinned last week.  My goal board is done and my baby quilt is almost done (I ran out of thread!).  The baby quilt was a challenge, I cannot find freezer paper anywhere.  I substituted contact paper instead and while it works I wouldn't recommend it.  Also I made the mistake of leaving it pieced out on the table.  My fellow housemates mistook it for a new tablecloth.  Not good!

This week I pinned:

Things to Be Made

Source: thecottagehome.blogspot.com via Heather on Pinterest

I can't wait to get started on this project.  I found the perfect piece of fabric at Jo-Anne's in the scrap bin and I already have some flannel material to use for the interior. Not going to use buttons though. Velcro would be more convenient.



This is a glove-box organizer.  My glove-box is a mess!  It's where I keep my repair book and receipts from repairs.  I do have a flashlight in there somewhere and my insurance card....somewhere.  *grimace*  This is also a scrap buster project so hopefully I'll be using this soon.

Things to Cook



This is Guinness and Cheese Quiche.  OMG!  It look so delicious.  Is it weird that I have never eaten a quiche?  I think so and I'm going to remedy that problem soon.




I wish I had remembered pinning this because I would have made it last night.  The recipe I used last was from Betty Crocker and while they tasted fine were a pain in the butt to work with.  I was in a hurry and the biscuits were a last minute addition.  If I had wanted to be traditionally I should have made soda bread.  Oh well.

Blogs I Love



I found this blog sometime ago and then promptly forgot about it because I forgot to bookmark it.  I usually discover the best blogs while using StumbleUpon.  This cooking blog tries to recreate recipes from the book series by George RR Martin called Game of Thrones.  If you haven't read the book or at least watched the HBO series your missing out!  At least check out this blog and discover medieval cuisine.  It's interesting to say the least.  I plan on trying to make the honeyed mice.  Yum-o!

And that's all I have for this week's Pin All The Things!  Pinned anything fun this week?  Please share=)


No comments:

Post a Comment