Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Food Track Bazaar

Source
Know what's better than food?  Mobile food!  I found the most awesome monthly event in my town.  It's called the Food Truck Bazaar and it's a gathering of food trucks from all around Orlando.  Our local event is every 1st Monday of the month at the Convention Center.  For some weird reason I figured it wouldn't be a very crowded event but boy was  wrong!  if you go be prepared for long lines and rubbing elbows.  There is also alcohol being served so it can be mite bit rowdy but I would still say it is family friendly.  No one was getting drop down drunk (that I noticed).



We scoped out all the trucks before deciding that we all wanted some Korean BBQ.  Oh yeah, you might want to get there early as the trucks can and will run out of food.  We stood in line for 20-30 minutes before getting to place our order and had to wait 15-20 minutes for our food.  While waiting in line they ran out of a few items but still had several items to choose from when it was our turn.


Was it worth it?  Hell yeah!  My food was delicious.  Here is their menu if your interested.  I ordered the chicken taco box and it included a big chicken taco, an iceberg lettuce salad w/an asian dressing, a very spicy hot wing, two pieces of a fried cheese roll and a piece of friend tofu.


 I really liked getting so much food for such a good price.  The vendor was very nice too despite the hectic-ness of everything and all the people waiting for his food-wares. 


 I also stood in the even longer line for some Yum Yum Cupcakes.  I saw the line and thought to myself that it has to be worth it.  The line moved fast and I got two of a few different flavors.


 They were sold out of the one I really wanted to try involving strawberries and champagne.

So I got:

 Dark Chocolate Raspberry

S'mores Please

 Cookies Got Creamed

Mmm, graham cracker
 My favorite was the S'mores cupcake.  The Raspberry tasted like it was a boxed cake mix and was kind of dry.

Raspberry filling, yay!
 The cookie and cream had fabulously yummy icing and an Oreo cookie in the middle, which sounds like good thing but really wasn't.

It's hard to see but there is a whole cookie in there!
 For the line and the price I was very disappointed. So moral of the story, just because they are popular doesn't mean they are good.

Smiling faces=good time was had
 We had an all around good time.  We got out of the house and even got the roommate to come along and have a good time.  We already can't wait for next month and a chance to try out a new food truck.

Long lines and ironing boards as tables=)
If your from the Orlando area and want to see when the Food Truck Bazaar could be near you check out TheDailyCity.com for the food truck Bazaar schedule and locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment