Thursday, March 3, 2011

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

During the week I really don’t like coming home and having to cook something for dinner.  This recipe is supper-duper easy and I always have the ingredients on hand.
All you need is some pre-cooked chicken breast.  I usually cook extra when I make roasted chicken breast.  It always taste better than just boiling a couple of pieces but that is an option.  Shred up the chicken and add frozen mixed veggies and a can of cream of mushroom soup.  My frozen veggie mix doesn't have potatoes in it so I'll boil one up and chopp it up into my mixture.  Love potatoes! 

Pour chicken mixture into a prepared pie crust.  I found a great recipie for making crusts to freeze for later.  Store bought is fine and in fact preferable during the work week!

Put on the top crust and bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.

Mmmm, potpie!

Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 ounces)  Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 package (9 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup cubed cooked chicken or turkey
2 prepared pie-crust (one for the top and one for the bottom)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Mix soup, vegetables and chicken. (The mixture should be somewhat thick.)

Put mixture into the bottom pie shell. Cover with the top pie crust and crimp to seal. Slice a few vent holes in the top.

Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Cover pie edge with aluminum foil or a pie shield if it begins to brown too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment